Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Sept. 10's class: The Watercolor Adventure Begins

We had to come up with ten 5" x 7" watercolor images for Friday's class.  I had a fun time with them.  I was not to worried about perfecting it and just took it nice and easy.  I played around with some different techniques.  I seem to favor dry on wet.  After a while i ran out inspiration and ended up with a bunch of stinkers, or maybe that's a result of my low watercoloring skills.  regardless, here are a few i really liked:

Imagine over that hill is a beach

Some far off mountains (my first attempt at clouds)


A sunset + river


Then in class we had to do one of our ten over again a few times.  I chose my mountains, I got some more practice on clouds and painting those little mountains in.  Some of the color was lost in the scan so you just have to accept the fact that my scanner was a bit jealous of my ever-increasing watercoloring skills.

First version


Second version; Clouds like much better than before, Mountains are meh...

No comments:

Post a Comment